Get active for below the belt cancer research
Running, swimming, cycling, jumping or dancing - whatever you are passionate about, set yourself a personal challenge and sweat it out for below the belt cancers.
Anyone can get active for below the belt cancers, no matter where you are located, your level of fitness, age or ability.
There are many events held annually throughout Australia which are open to runners and walkers of all ages.
You don’t have to be an elite athlete to enter and many people take part as a fitness goal they’ve set for themselves. It’s a great way to be fit and healthy, and to raise funds for below the belt cancer research too.
Want to join an event and fundraise for ANZUP. Click below to see all our event lisitngs.
Or do it Your Way and create your own challenge.
Get started for free with these simple steps:
Create your challenge
It all starts with an idea! Choose a fitness activity that you love and set yourself a personal challenge. Be as creative as you like, for example:
- Challenge yourself to complete 10,000 steps a day
- Organise a group walk from one location to another (eg. from City Hall to the beach)
- Swim 5km per week
- Complete 50 squats per day
- Run your own aerobics class
Whether your challenge runs over 1 day, 1 week or 1 month - it's completely up to you!
Once you've chosen your challenge, set up your fundraising page online. It's FREE to register!
Set yourself a fundraising goal
People love to help others achieve their goals! Set yourself a target for how much money you would like to raise for below the belt cancer research and add this to your fundraising page. Feel free to get as creative as you like with your goal, for example:
- Aiming for $500 by the end of the challenge
- Raising $60 for every hour you run
- Donating $1 for each push-up you complete
- Asking your employer to match each donation you receive, dollar for dollar
Share your challenge
Let your network know of your Below the Belt challenge. Inspire others to join you in your challenge, or to support you by making a donation to the cause. Some ideas for sharing your fundraiser:
- Post on social media (and create an event if your challenge is on a specific day)
- Write an email to your colleagues
- Put up a poster at your school or gym
Need some inspiration?
Some of the great Get Active ideas we have seen recently include:
The Below the Belt Babes walked 15km from Mosman to Marrickville in Sydney, and raised over $3,600 for cancer research.
Michelle competed in the Sydney Running Festival and raised an impressive $2,387 for below the belt cancers.
Catherine and her kids ran the Gold Coast Marathon, helping raise $7,755 for ANZUP and Below the Belt.