Terms & Conditions
Below the Belt Pedalthon 2022 Terms and Condition
Conditions of Entry
All participants in Below the Belt Pedalthon, 2022 are required to read and sign the below Conditions of Entry. The Conditions of Entry are not negotiable and by registering for the event and paying the entry fees (if team captain), you are acknowledging your acceptance of the Conditions of Entry.
I agree to participate in the event on the following basis:
- I confirm I have read these Conditions of Entry and the Race Rules. I agree to abide by them.
- I must pay the registration entry fee of $2,200 per team, $350 individual or $2000 early bird if registered by 31 July
- Our team must nominate a team captain
- I will aim fundraise to the agreed minimum target of $500 per rider. The total minimum target for teams is $3000, so there is flexibility for riders to raise more or less as long as the team target is met. (If my team does not achieve this amount, the organiser may in its absolute discretion agree to allow my team to participate.)
- By participating in the event, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury AND I agree that I participate in the event solely at my own risk.
- I confirm I am in a physically fit state to complete the event safely and I have sufficiently trained for the event.
- I understand that insurance cover for participants in the Event may not cover all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and/ or uncertain of my level of fitness, then a medical practitioner should verify that I am fit to participate in the event. If requested, I agree to provide the event organiser with a signed medical practitioner’s certificate attesting to my physical fitness to participate in the event.
- I have provided to ANZUP details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating in the Event despite these conditions.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable or advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during or after the event.
- In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the event, I release ANZUP Cancer Trials Group Ltd and all parties associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation. I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in the event. This release and indemnity shall extend to and include ANZUP Cancer Trials Group Ltd, event director, event sponsors, and their respective partners, employees and volunteers including medical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I agree to abide by all decisions, directions and rules issued by the Event director, race director or Event organiser, including race results. The Event organiser may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this waiver applies to the changed conditions. I acknowledge that all riders must adhere to the race rules as advised or face the possibility of being disqualified from the Event.
- Safety precautions undertaken by the event director or event organiser (such as course supervision, race safety briefings and bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I acknowledge that the event director will review the weather conditions prior to the event and may need to adjust, reduce or move the date for the event for safety reasons if the weather proves to be a risk to my health and the completion of the course. I agree to abide by whatever decision is made by the event director should unforeseen weather conditions place the event and my health at risk.
- If the event is cancelled or if I do not participate in the event for any reason (including failure to achieve the agreed minimum fundraising target), my entry fee and any fundraising amounts shall be non-refundable.
- I agree I am responsible for the security of my personal possessions and equipment during the event. The event organisers will not be liable for the replacement of any personal possessions.
- I consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that they may be used for promotional use. These images, my name and my event results may be used for reporting purposes or other purposes at any time without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
- I have supplied an emergency contact name and number and this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
- Race participants are advised to bring sufficient water, energy supplements and electrolyte drinks suitable for the race duration allowing for any adverse conditions such as heat and wind.
- MECHANICAL SUPPORT. The event is a semi supported event and participants will receive mechanical assistance throughout the event if required. Assistance will be provided free of charge but products will be supplied on a “user pay” basis.
- I agree that an online fundraising page will be created on my behalf and I agree to funraisin T & C’s.