You can start tracking your kilometers as soon as the 77K in May #YourWay event kicks off on 1 May 2022.
To track your personal tally, you can either sync up a device or track them manually.
How to sync up a device or app:
If you track your workouts with Fitbit, MapMyFitness or Strava your distances/time can automatically be added to your tally. Follow these steps to activate this:
- Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness app and set up your account
- Log in to your Below the Belt #YourWay Challenge account.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account
- When you next work out, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it. Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.
When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
When using MapMyFitness, you must ‘start’ your workout, ‘stop’ your workout and then ‘SAVE’ your workout. Your workouts must also be set to 'PUBLIC'.
How to manually add your kilometers:
If you aren't using a device or app, you can manually add your kilometres/time to the tally in your My Fitness Activity tab of your profile. This is a great option if you’re using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your exercise.
Follow these steps to manually add your kilometers to your personal tally:
- Log in to your account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
- Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance/time
- The number of KMs/minutes will now appear on your fundraising page!