About the event day
Tuesday 22 November 2022
Teams of up to 6 riders
Most laps completed in 3 hours
7:30am – 8:30am: Registration & Warm Up
8:45am – 9:00am: Event & Safety Briefing
9:00am – 12:00pm: 3 Hour Team Challenge
12:00pm – 1.00pm: Sprint Challenge
1.00pm – 2:00pm: Lunch, awards, presentation
Team registration: $2,200
($2,000 per team - early bird special available until 31 July)
Individual registration: $350
Community teams: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your registration
With your registration, you will enjoy:
- Complimentary short sleeve, single zipper racing jersey
- Regular training tips and advice from ambassador and Australian Olympic cyclist Kaarle McCulloch
- Organised pit lane set-up, rider support and food and drink
- Massage therapists will be available to take care of tired riders
- A bike mechanic will be on hand to take care of injured bikes
- Complimentary breakfast (prior to 9:00am)
- Post-race function including BBQ lunch and beverages
3 Hour Team Challenge
Teams of up to 6 will be challenged to ride as many laps of the course as possible in 3 hours. Riders can alternate via the pit lane at their own discretion. So, if you like, you can take a strategic racing approach, or just change and rest whenever you wish - but the more riders on the track, the more laps you achieve.
The first 3 hours is open to all riders and is simply the most laps ridden by individual and team staged on the 3.93 K GP Gardiner Circuit. This challenge also includes the fastest laps male and female as well as the king and queen of the mountain challenges.
The sprint challenge end of day is open to 2 riders per team and set on the GP Mt Druitt 2.8 K circuit. This challenge is untimed and on completion of the 3-hour team and individual challenge above.
Race Winners & Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category who have the overall highest number of laps completed.
Other prizes are also on offer for the winners of the challenges.
- Fastest lap by an individual (time taken during the 3-hour event)
- Fastest lap by a team (time taken during the 3-hour event)
- Fastest two laps by an individual. Two riders per team. First across the line.
Categories Throughout the Day
- By Industry
- Men’s, Women’s and Mixed
- Best dressed
Cycling NSW have sanctioned this event and all riders must have insurance for the day.
For those who do not have cycling insurance, ANZUP will organise a day pass for you.
While this is a closed circuit event, riders should remain alert at all times when on the course and ride in a safe manner.
Note: these rules are subject to change, so please come back to the site before the event to see the latest race rules.