About the event day
Sunday 26 March 2023
Teams of up to 4 riders
Most laps completed in 3 hours
Registration: From 7:30am
Breakfast and coffee served: 7.00am
Safety briefing: 8.15am
Open race: 8.30am-11.30am
Fastest 2 lap challenge: 11.45am – 12:15pm
Awards presentation and lunch: 12.30pm – 1.30pm (lunch available from 12:15)
With your registration, you will enjoy:
3 Hour Lap Challenge
Teams of up to 4 will be challenged to ride as many laps of the course as possible in 3 hours. Riders can alternate via the pit lane at their own discretion. So, if you like, you can take a strategic racing approach, or just change and rest whenever you wish - but the more riders on the track, the more laps you achieve.
The first 3 hours is open to all riders and is simply the most laps ridden by individual and team stage on the circuit.
Fastest 2 laps completed by an individual rider.
First single rider across the line claims the win!
Sandown Raceway - RacingCircuits.info
Sandown Pedalthon - A bike ride in Springvale, Victoria (ridewithgps.com)
(10) Onboard Lap around Sandown Raceway (feat. Jamie Whincup) - #V8SC 2014 - YouTube
Winners & Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each category who have the overall highest number of laps completed.
Other prizes are also on offer for the winners of the challenges.
- Fastest lap by an individual (time taken during the 3-hour event)
- Fastest lap by a team (time taken during the 3-hour event)
- Fastest two laps by an individual. Two riders per team. First across the line. (Sprint Challenge)
Categories Throughout the Day
- Best dressed - individual
- Best dressed - team
- Fastest lap by individual male (open race)
- Fastest lap by individual female (open race)
- Most number of laps (open race) - individual
- Most number of laps (family) by individual
- Sprint challenge (open race)
- Highest fundraiser - team
- Highest fundraiser - individual
- Most number of laps (family) by team Below the Belt Champions
- Most number of laps (open race) by team Below the Belt Champions
AUS Cycling have sanctioned this event and all riders must have insurance for the day.
For those who do not have cycling insurance, ANZUP will organise a day pass for you.
While this is a closed circuit event, riders should remain alert at all times when on the course and ride in a safe manner.
Note: these rules are subject to change, so please come back to the site before the event to see the latest race rules.